How do I find the MAC address for my Cisco phone?
Amazon.com: cisco softphone headset. Tablets, PC/MAC 6593-829-409. 4.2 out of 5 stars 4. $180.00 $ 180. Get it as soon as Mon, Aug 19. FREE Shipping by Amazon. Only 15 left in stock - order soon. Jabra UC VOICE 750 MS Duo (Dark) Lync Optimized Corded Headset for Softphone. Re: Softphone for MAC. Estimate: Try installing the X-lite but will not let me log into the CCM, it will be any problem of this version (5.1) I tried it in Windows 7.
Anytime you need to have the settings changed on a phone or are submitting a new Hire Checklist, the IT HelpDesk may ask for the MAC address of the Cisco phone that you are using. The information below will provide instructions on how to obtain the address from the phone menu.
1. Using the Physical buttons on your phone press Settings.
2. Using the up and down arrows, scroll through the menu until Network configuration is highlighted and press Select.
3. The next screen will display MAC Address.
Note: In the event you are unable to use the screen or the phone is powered off you can also access the MAC address by flipping the phone around to look at the back. On the bottom you will see a white sticker with MAC Address.
MAC address for Model 8845
- Click on settings button (as shown above)
- Choose Admin settings, and then Ethernet Setup to view MAC address
- Alternatively, you can select Phone information from the settings options to view the Host name, which should be the same as the MAC address prefixed with three letters (“SEP”)
Additionally, per Cisco documentation:
Determining the MAC Address for a Cisco Unified IP Phone
Several procedures described in this manual require you to determine the MAC address of a Cisco Unified IP Phone. You can determine a phone’s MAC address in these ways:
- From the phone, press the Settings button and select Model Information and look at the MAC Address field.
- Look at the MAC label on the back of the phone.
- Taken from: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7960g_7940g/7_0/sip/english/administration/guide/7960adminsip/7960strS.html#pgfId-1061932
Quick start guide vitalsource bookshelf for mac 2. If you are unable to find the MAC Address feel free to contact the Liberty IT HelpDesk at (866) 447-2869 or 592-7800 and we would be happy to help.
I tried the most recent release of WINE (4.17) and XQuartz (2.7.11), but I can't get audio to work. The GUI draws, but regardless of whether the softphone dials or answers, there's no sound.
Now, it successfully sees which desktop extension it is supposed to be and accesses my settings and stuff, so it's hitting the server just fine. I think it's probably just an XQuartz thing.
There is no native MacOS version for our Cisco software environment. There are very few users running the program to begin with, and the only other Mac user who's even interested in it runs Windows when he needs this application (and he has a cell phone anyway!).
posted by wenestvedt at 1:56 PM on October 25, 2019
posted by Mo Nickels at 4:33 AM on October 26, 2019 [1 favorite]
posted by wenestvedt at 3:22 PM on October 26, 2019
You are not logged in, either login or create an account to post comments
Where can I purchase Cisco fortified wine in..June 13, 2014
Why is this X11 application open on my Macbook..June 6, 2012
Help me get my Mac connected to my company's VPN.August 30, 2011
Fallout 3 on a Mac?January 31, 2009